At Luckley- Oakfield, we understand the value of a single-sex education. We are committed to providing our girls with the physical, creative and emotional space required for development. Our environment provides girls with a ‘level playing field’, where opportunities are open to all and teaching styles are tailored specifically to female learning.
Research by GSA: (Girls' School Association)
The GSA summarises the benefits of ‘all-girls’ education and how girls can be ‘short-changed’ in a co-educational setting.
Benefits Of All-Girl Education
1. Provides an environment where there is no shame in working hard or being successful.
2. Creates a safe risk-taking environment where girls can learn from their mistakes without fear of being put down or dismissed.
3. Girls’ schools are expert in recognising the qualities of girls and understanding what makes them tick and how they learn.
4. Girls are free to grow up at their own pace.
5. Supports a ‘can-do’ philosophy.
6. Girls hold all the senior positions in the school
7. There is no subject area or activity of the school in which girls do not excel. All the scientists are girls, all the mathematicians are girls.
8. Celebrates learning without social distractions. Girls’ schools offer an environment in which girls can concentrate on learning without the distraction of boys.
9. Ensures that there is no sex stereotyping of subjects. Girls are more likely to take subjects that are less traditionally popular with girls because subjects don’t acquire a masculine or feminine connotation.
10. Celebrates the female perspective. The girls’ school environment affirms and encourages young women in their capacities as confident individuals, leaders and agents of social change.